Putnam County Rose House Per Diem Peer Companion- PT
Putnam County Rose House Peer Companion
The Part Time Crisis Diversion Peer Specialist staff will support the daily operations of our Rose House Crisis Respite. They provide peer support for each Rose House guest. The Peer Specialist is available to instill hope, support wellness and demonstrate that recovery is real and does happen. Peer Specialists model and utilize trauma informed techniques and tools, help guests set goals and engage in community and social events.
Please note, we are accepting applications for the following shift: 4pm-12am (week nights and weekends are available) 12am-9am (overnights on week nights and weekends are available).
- Provide support for guests during interview, intake, arrival and departure.
- Share personal experience and encourage mental health wellness and recovery.
- Assist in connection to mental health services, community resources, entitlements, and other services as needed.
- Model and utilize Trauma Informed techniques and tools as out lined in : Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), Mental Health First Aid, Emotional CPR (eCPR), Motivational Interviewing, SafeTALK, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
- Complete all necessary Academy of Peer Services (APS) on-line learning and complete NY State Peer Specialist Certification Application. http://www.nypeerspecialist.
- Transport guests to store or appointments when needed, using agency vehicle.
- Provide telephone support to peers in the community through the 24 hour peer warm line.
- Help maintain a clean, safe and secure trauma informed environment. Some cleaning duties may be assigned.
- Manage downtime with Guest wellness focused activities and duties.
- Work cooperatively Rose House team and maintain clear, honest and respectful communication with team members
- Honesty, respect for diversity, high personal standards, language and behaviors reflecting such values.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize the need for and facilitate connections between consumers and the community.
- Understanding of available community supports.
- Working knowledge of confidentiality requirements related to records pertaining to Mental Health and Chemical Dependency laws.
- Must have good time management skills and be self-directing.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High School Diploma Required.
- At least two years in recovery from acute care environment
- Completion of the Academy of Peer Services Training and the ability to obtain the NY State Peer Specialist Certification.http://www.
- Shared vision of hope for people experiencing crisis
- Work or Volunteer experience providing peer support, advocacy or human services.
- Basic knowledge of community support services/resources
- Completion of Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) training (preferred).
- Understanding of recovery and wellness vs. illness based system (preferred)
- Professional demeanor.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
This position is a part time position available for up to 20 Hours per week.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
PEOPLe, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. PEOPLe, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. PEOPLe, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PEOPLe, Inc.’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter via email ( preferred) andread@
No phone calls please
Putnam County Rose House
C/O PEOPLe, Inc. Admnistrative Offices
126 Innis Avenue
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601